Next: Criteria for Choosing
Up: No Title
Previous: Use of High
- (iii) Points of Technique
- Note, when evaluating , one can
choose between two strategies
- (a) Change of variable. For example,
converts integral to form.
- (b) Newton-Cotes (or Gauss---see NI.3) formula with
weight function .
- A third strategy is to change the integration range (e.g., to take
b from to finite value).
- How do we choose between strategies and how to implement them?
Geoffrey Fox, Northeast Parallel Architectures Center at Syracuse University, email@example.com