Next: How Do You
Up: No Title
Previous: Change of Variable
- Let us consider implications of the transformation .
- Integration formulae for x (which assume integrand
polynomial) equally spaced (or distribution of Gaussian
formulae) grid points.
- But we have seen y is a better variable and we will rather get
equally spaced points in y.
- Now . A fixed spacing spacing
in x space .
- That is, x points are concentrated near the origin.
- This is intuitively reasonable as the integrand
is rapidly varying near the
Geoffrey Fox, Northeast Parallel Architectures Center at Syracuse University, email@example.com