Next: An Experimental Physics
Up: No Title
Previous: Monte Carlo Examples
- Each particle is seen in a huge detector with some probability.
- Some particles miss apparatus. Others hit chambers/bend into
- All ``multiple scatter''.
- Many produce secondary ``showers'' (i.e., final detection is a
- Further theory is
- a) An approximation;
- b) Hard to calculate.
- However it is ``just'' an integral.
Geoffrey Fox, Northeast Parallel Architectures Center at Syracuse University, firstname.lastname@example.org