Next: A Monte Carlo
Up: No Title
Previous: Double Monte Carlo's
- We can estimate this error assuming f and g are independent.
- NOTE: We add, not multiply errors.
- Suppose we use events.
- Therefore, use of 2N events gets the same fractional error in
I as in , , if these each use N events and have
- So do NOT think of (NI.18) as a Monte Carlo over theory and for
each theory (model) a Monte Carlo over experiment.
- Rather, (NI.18) is a single Monte Carlo where ``random x'' plus
``random y'' form a single random point in multidimensional space.
Geoffrey Fox, Northeast Parallel Architectures Center at Syracuse University, email@example.com